Actions and Detail Panel
Growth Mindset - helping young people want to progress in their learning
Mon 15 May 2017, 10:00 – 16:00 BST
The aim of this workshop is for delegates to become aware of how to develop intelligence. The brain is malleable; discover that challenging work is the best way to make the brain stronger and smarter!
- How intelligence can be developed?
- The brain is malleable/flexible – ‘neuroplasticity’.
- Doing challenging work is the best way to make the brain stronger and smarter.
- How to detect whether a young person has a Fixed or Growth Mindset?
- Tips and tools for building a Growth Mindset
Who should attend?
This day is for all professionals working in academia and within other organisations, that work with challenging and unmotivated young people on a regular basis. It is particularly useful for those who provide additional support within schools and have allocated 1:1 time with individuals that are struggling with motivation and daily challenges within their educational provision.