San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Come along and be inspired by the stories our our leading panel of female business leaders, this international women's day.
"Companies across all sectors with the most women on their boards of directors significantly and consistently outperform those with no female representation"
Women in the workplace deserve to be celebrated and recognised therefore in honour of this we are presenting our Power Series Women's Day Special! This promises to be an evening packed full of though provoking, remarkable and empowering moments, as some of the UK's senior leading female business leaders deliver quality and inspirational talks.
Our Power Series Women’s Day special will be led by some of the UK's senior female business leaders across various industries who have thrived against the odds and achieved huge success.
This event is open to all.
- This is an opportunity to hear from a panel of leading female business figures and discover their secrets to success
- If you were ever put off going after your dream job, senior position or starting your own business, please think again
- This event is about breaking all those barriers and providing you with guidance and connections to make it happen
- Heidy Rehman, Founder and Managing Director, Rose and Willard
- Julie Chakraverty, Senior Independent Director at Aberdeen Asset Management and Founder of mentoring app Rungway
- Jenny Garrett, Award winning coach
- Ursula Henry, Head of Membership and Funding, Banking Standards Board (BSB)
More speakers to be annouced soon
Did you know that in the most recent FTSE 2016 reports that the average number of women on boards has declined to rise at 26% from 26.1% in their 2015 report?
If you would like to rent a stand and showcase your business at the event, please email email@example.com
· Heidy Rehman
Founder and Managing Director, Rose and Willard
I launched Rose & Willard is September 2014. I decided to set the business up after realising that there was a gap in the market for professional womenswear. Central to the ethos of our brand is empowerment (underlined by the meaning of our name – Feminine & Bold). We promote body positivity and diversity through our imagery and messages. We have featured ‘non-model models’ in our campaigns and will only work with models who are willing to eat with us.
In tandem with our strategy I speak at events on body positivity, Imposter Syndrome, equal pay, etc. I also write for a number of media outlets including the Huffington Post, the Guardian, i and others. I also write on broader industry and economic topics.
We are not afraid to be a brand of action and to speak up for what we believe. Indeed we believe this also reflects who our customer is – women who are Feminine & Bold.
Senior Independent Director at Aberdeen Asset Management and Founder of Rungway
Julie Chakraverty is the founder of Rungway, an app on which anyone can give and get advice about work-life challenges. She started the company after seeing an opportunity for new technology to offer personalised support for those needing fast, relevant career advice. Julie believes that she wouldn’t have achieved her career milestones if she hadn’t sought out insights and mentoring from people outside her personal network. Starting her career in a male-dominated (trading floor) environment meant female role models were few and far between.
Julie also serves as the Senior Independent Director at Aberdeen Asset Management where she is Chairman of the Risk Committee and former Chairman of the Innovation Committee. Previous non-executive roles include Mitsui Amlin where she chaired the Remuneration Committee and Spirit Pubs. Julie is also a Trustee for the Girls Day School Trust.
During her executive career, Julie was a Board Member of UBS Investment Bank where she held a number of global leadership positions. She chaired the UBS Women’s Network, “All Bar None”, and won industry awards for innovation every year between 2001-2009 for her “CreditDelta” technology product. In 2006, she was named in Management Today’s ‘Top 35 Women Under 35’. In 2013, she was recognised in The Times newspaper as the youngest female director of a FTSE-100 company, aged 41.
More speakers to be announced soon
What You Will Gain:
· Be inspired by the accomplishments by todays leading Fermale Business Leaders
· Gain guidance to exceed your aspirations
· Learn techniques that you can incorporate into your life, career and business
1) Direct access to Leading figures
2) Top and secret tips about career progression.
3) Diversity of audience
4) Speakers who are inspiring and want to inspire other people (paying it forward)
5) Casual welcoming atmosphere
6) Opportunity to sign up to our mentoring program
We would like to thank our following sponsers for their continued support:
Save This Event
When & Where
Generation Success is an inspiring network that advances social mobility by empowering people to reach their career aspirations.
Alternatively, get in touch via LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter
Video of our https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jleXPW88nKk