Price per delegate: £50.00. This event taking is place, 04/10/16.
One in four women will be abused by a partner, ex or family member at some point in their lives. This course will enable HR Professionals to recognise the signs of Domestic Abuse and the potential impacts on your staff members. Learn to provide an effective response to your workforce and support their health and wellbeing, whilst also enhancing the business profile of your organisation. Training will be delivered by experts from Equation, Nottingham’s primary provider of domestic abuse response training for workers.
- Understand the different aspects of domestic violence and abuse, including coercive control
- Uncover the myths and stereotypes about domestic abuse
- Develop your ability to recognise that domestic abuse is happening
- Explore how perpetrators may use the working environment as part of their abuse
- Increase your understanding of the experience and impact of living with domestic abuse, including for children
- Possible impacts of living with domestic abuse on an employee and your business
- Examine the reasons why people stay and return to abusive relationships
- Communication skills, including asking about domestic violence
- Develop skills in responding appropriately and safely to disclosures
- Improve your understanding of risk in relation to domestic abuse
- Learn the appropriate referral pathways
- Considerations for HR in responding to domestic violence and abuse
- Reflect on the value of Domestic Violence and Abuse Policies in the workplace
Much of the focus is on women and children’s experience of abuse from male perpetrators. However, many of the tools are applicable to anyone living with domestic violence and abuse