San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
This will be a practical workshop, including a demonstration of a guided reading session.
Teachers will gain knowledge and understanding of:
• the importance of guided reading, as a vehicle for teaching comprehension strategies;
• the structure of a guided session;
• timetabling and organisation of guided reading;
• guidelines for the assessment and planning of guided sessions.
If you have any further queiries regarding this training please contact Melanie.Hendy@leicester.gov.uk
- Minimum numbers required for this training is 12 and will be rearranged if minimum numbers are not met.
- There is now a charge for failing to notify the relevant contact if you are unable to attend. This needs to be at least 3 working days prior to training. Charge for each member of staff is £75
When & Where
Whatever It Takes
Whatever it Takes (WiT) is the Leicester city-wide reading initiative dedicated to ensuring every child in Leicester is reading.
WiT has been well established since 2009 and was formed in partnership between Leicester City Schools, Leicester City Council and is Managed by the School Development Support Agency.
For more information about Whatever it Takes visit www.whatever-it-takes.org.uk