£45.40

Guys Cliffe House Ghost Hunt

Event Information

Share this event

Date and Time

Location

Location

Guys Cliffe House Warwick

Warwick

CV34 5YD

United Kingdom

View Map

Refund Policy

Refund Policy

Refunds up to 30 days before event

Friends Who Are Going
Event description

Description

Introduction

We Paranation invite you to join us as we investigate at the magnificent Guys Cliffe House, Warwick.


You will have limited places and exclusive access to all accessible areas: a large base room which used to be used as the old Victorian kitchens for the main house. The chapel of St Mary Magdalene with various rooms leading off and above the chapel, including two rooms currently used as Masonic temples. Also there is an undercroft, caves, coach house, wine cellar, as well as limited access to the basement area of the honed part of the main house.


This location has everything - every ghost hunters dream location!

History

The History of Guys Cliffe dates back many hundreds of years with the mansion having so many uses and is still used by the Freemasons today.
Guy's Cliffe has been occupied since Saxon times and derives its name from the legendary Guy of Warwick. Guy is supposed to have retired to a hermitage on this site, this legend led to the founding of a chantry. The chantry was established in 1423 as the Chapel of St Mary Magdelene and the rock-carved stables and storehouses still remain. After the Dissolution of the Monasteries by Henry VIII the site passed into private hands.


The current, ruined house dates from 1751 and was started by Samuel Greatheed, a West India merchant and Member of Parliament for Coventry 1747-1761.


The house was used as a hospital during World War I and in the World War II became a school for evacuated children. Guy's Cliffe estate was broken up and sold in 1947. In 1952 the mill became a pub and restaurant and was named The Saxon Mill, the stables became a riding school, the kitchen garden became a nursery, all of which still exist today. A toll house also stood by the road to the north of the Saxon Mill, but this was demolished in the mid 20th century.


The new owner of the house intended to convert it into a hotel, but these plans came to nothing and the house fell into disrepair. In 1955 the house was purchased by Aldwyn Porter and the chapel leased to the Freemasons, establishing a connection with the Masons that remains today. The roof had fallen in by 1966. In 1992 during the filming of The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes a fire scene got out of control and seriously damaged the building, leading to an insurance claim. English Heritage has given the building grade II listed status.


Activity

Guys Cliffe House Reported Activity:

• Ghosts of WW2 soldiers wander the catacombs
• Evil black figure
• Heavy footsteps and dragging noises are frequently heard above the Chapel
• A phantom procession
• The pre-chamber to Guy's Cave has been the location of a lot of poltergeist activity
• Many light anomalies have been seen


Join us if you're brave enough!! A truly intriguing and eerie location!!


Share with friends

Date and Time

Location

Guys Cliffe House Warwick

Warwick

CV34 5YD

United Kingdom

View Map

Refund Policy

Refunds up to 30 days before event

Save This Event

Event Saved