San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Join us for a Pre-DataHarvest Hack Day when we open up the EU procurement register!
- Which companies win the biggest contracts from governments?
- What kind of services does your city outsource - and to what contractors?
The European procurement register holds data from +750,000 contracts awarded by public agencies across the member states . Many data journalism projects could be hidden here, so let's make the data more accessible.
What's on for the Hack Day:
- Procurement data: We'll be building some of the work already done by opented.org 
- Publicbodies.org: Pull public bodies from procurement data
- Farm subsidy data: Dive into a fresh batch of data from EU's largest spending programme 
If you're joining the Hack Day, you should also consider joining the DataHarvest on May 3-4.
Thanks to Friedrich Lindenberg for help pushing the idea to the community and thanks to Joost Cassee for laying out some awesome groundwork scraping and parsing the TED-register. Also thanks to European Journalismfund for getting us set-up at the venue.
Location: Erasmushogeschool, Brussels, Belgium
When & Where
The Open Knowledge Foundation is a non-profit organization that promotes open knowledge and #opendata projects around the world.