Hadoop Masterclass (May 2013)
Tuesday, 14 May 2013 from 09:00 to 17:00 (BST)
London, United Kingdom
By attending you will gain a good understanding of the Hadoop technology stack, including MapReduce, HDFS, Hive, Pig, HBase – this course also provides an initial introduction to Mahout and other common utilities.
This informative class will help you better understand:
What is Hadoop?
- The essential components of a Hadoop-based data management solution
- Pros and cons of implementing Hadoop
- How does Hadoop fit into our existing environment and architecture?
- The differences between various Hadoop distributions
- Examine case studies of how big data is influencing society and businesses
Core topics covered
- Why Hadoop?
- The Hadoop Platform
- The future of Hadoop
- History and Background
- Real-world use cases and case studies
The Hadoop Platform
- Introduction to MapReduce and Hadoop File System (HDFS)
- Data Warehousing with Hive
- Parallel Processing with Pig
- Data Mining with Mahout
- Data storage with HBase
- Common utilities – Sqoop, Flume, Hue, Scribe, Zookeeper, HCatalog
- Hadoop Distributions – Apache Foundation, Cloudera, Hortonworks, MapR, IBM, others
The Future of Hadoop
- YARN - Next generation MapReduce
- Other Programming paradigms on Hadoop
IT Professionals, Managers, Decision Makers
Big Data Partnership will provide a light breakfast, lunch and afternoon refreshements for each day of the class. Unlimited teas, coffees & soft drinks provided.
Cancellation & Reschedule Policy
You must provide a written notice to Big Data Partnership at least 2 weeks' prior to the start of the class if you cannot attend this class. Big Data Partnership will transfer your registration to a future class of equal or lesser value.
Students who fail to cancel within 2 weeks' and/or do not attend the class, will not receive a refund and will be charged the full amount.
Big Data Partnership can cancel or reschedule at any time at our discretion. In the event that the class is cancelled or rescheduled, we will work with you to apply your registration to another date or refund your fee in full. Big Data Partnership is not responsible for non-refundable travel or other expenses incurrred by the student.
If you have any questions concerning this class, please do not hesitate to contact email@example.com.
When & Where
Big Data Partnership
Big Data Partnership is the leading UK-based big data service provider in data science, data engineering and certified training, helping unlock value from complex data, driving exciting results for our customers.
For more information, contact us:
Tel: +44 (0)20 7205 2550