Actions and Detail Panel
Haibike Mini Enduro FoD April 2017
Sun 30 April 2017, 09:00 – 17:00 BST
Sales Have Ended
Sales Have Ended
Race Day Sunday 30th April 2017.
The Mini Enduro’s take place over one day and will be of a shorter distance to allow riders to practice the stages before the start of the race later in the day.
The format is practice in the morning and race in the afternoon over the 3 stages, there will be nice easy transitions times between stages with no penalties for arriving late.
The stages will be all gravity with no uphills, just blasting down some of the best of piste trails in FoD.
Distance will vary but expect around 10 miles to complete the 3 stages and the route.
With a morning practice lap and the race you will cover around 20 miles.
The transitions will follow the marked route to keep everyone going in the right direction.
Your are not timed between the stages but you are given a stage start time to try to keep everyone in their categories.
All 3 stage times will be added together to produce the overall results for each category.
E-Bikes get a challenge stage which will be a techinal uphill climb
Quote from Sean Bacon from the last race “Great fun races the mini’s. Can’t recommend them enough.”
Forest of Dean (FOD).
Cannop Valley, New Rd, Coleford GL16 7EH
The map for the stages will be released on Friday of the race but will use Three Reds and One Black trail.
Note: The Black trail will start after the qulaifier jump and Two red trails will joined to make one long stage
The race is limited to 350 riders and it sell out every year so we advise you to enter asap.
Who can race? if your 14 or over have a mountain bike and a helmet then you can race, but you need to be able to ride the red and blacks track at Bike Park Wales.
Saturday – Forest is open open to ride as normal (normal riding day fee) the stages are marked out but with no marshals or medics on the stages.
will be posted in Registration on Sunday Morning.
The race order is fastest first in each Category:
- Senior 18-29 The Trailhead Series
- Master 30-39
- Veteran 40-49
- Super Veteran 50+
- Under 18 – 14 to 18
- Hardtail 13+
- Master Women
There are minimum 3 stages in each event, with transfers in between these transfers are not timed and do not count for the overall standing. Special stages close at a specified time, to ensure the event finishes on time. Riders will be notified at registration on the morning of the event
An all mountain bike is ideal for these races but any mountain bike is allowed
- short travel,
- long travel,
- a downhill bike but not recommended with the riding in-between transfer stages.
- Only one Bicycle can be used during an event, including any transition stages.
- Competitors must start and finish the competition on the same frame, fork and wheels.
E-Bikes or E-MTB
All bikes used to compete within the E-bike class at the mini enduro races should comply with the current eu directive and abide by the rules in force.
An assisted maximum speed limited to 15.5mph.
- A helmet (open or full face) must be worn during all race and transition stages.
- Knee and elbow protectors are advisable.
- All Competitors must be self-sufficient and prepared for a varying climate as well as any basic mechanical repairs. Consideration should be given to the nature of the course and the length of time the event may take to complete.
This course is marked with signs and with some sections that are taped if a specific line should be taken on the stage.
If a competitor leaves the trail/course, they must re-enter at the same point and must restore the tape as they found it.
On site there is the Pedleabikeaway cafe with a bike wash.
Camping and Parking.
Car Parking is free
Sorry but no overnight parking or camping on site.
Registration – Next to Cafe
You need to bring
- Credit or Debit Card for £100 deposit for transponder (no money is taken unless non return of transponder
To save time on Sunday come and register on Saturday afternoon
Registration Opens 4.00pm
Registration Closes at 5.00pm
Registration Opens 8.00am
Registration Closes at 10.00am
You must have sign
Refunds and Transfers:
If you wish to cancel a booking please note the following cancellation conditions:
- 29+ days notice: Entry fee minus a £15.00 administration charge per race cancelled. Refunds will be credited back to the card on which you originally paid within 28 days of your notice in writing to email@example.com
- 28 days or less, no refund.
- Transfer requests with 29 days notice are applicable for any remaining events in that year.
- Transfer requests 28 days or less notice are not applicable.
- Please note you can not swap your entry with another rider.
- The race weekend starts from 15:00 on the Friday before therefore the timescales above mean all e-mails must be received by our deadline which is 4 weeks before the 15:00 on the Friday before the race day.
- The above policies are not dependant on circumstances and are final.
How To Find Us
Based in Gloucestershire close to the M4 River Severn Crossing at Chepstow. The nearest towns or villages are Coleford, Monmouth, Ross-On-Wye, Cinderford, and A48 Lydney.
Easily accessible from M4/48, M5, M50, A40 and A49. Mainline trains via Newport or Gloucester. We are situated on the B4234 New Road.
OS Grid Reference: SO 607 125 Post Code for Sat Nav is GL16 7EH but check the map as this may put you in the centre of Coleford or at the cottages down the road.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org please note we will not deal with any cancellations over the phone, by text or Facebook. Inform us of your full name, category racing and which race we are dealing with.