Half Day Event - Supporting Your Apprentice
This is a FREE Event for Apprentices that are being supported by East Kent College.
This course has been designed to equip people with the skills, tools and techniques to become an effective Coach and Mentor to support and develop a new Apprentice to your business
It outlines the key differences between Coaching, Mentoring and Counseling – and provides templates and models for you to use in the workplace.
Mentoring is all about accelerating the growth and knowledge of others, and Coaching is about helping your Apprentices to overcome any barriers and increase performance.
Employers who introduce Coaching & Mentoring schemes into the workplace are more likely to have a culture where knowledge is shared, improvement ideas are acted on and absence levels are reduced.
What is included:
• Creating a Coaching & Mentoring Plan and Contract with your Apprentice
• Understanding Barriers to performance and how to coach Apprentices to overcome them
• Creating passion for results from the Apprentice
• Coaching & Mentoring Tools and Techniques for having powerful conversations
• Building Self Confidence and Assertiveness in the Apprentice