Join Bella Lane in making your own delightful Peruvian scene using up-recycled and new fabrics. A fun project with applique and hand embroidery stitches for the beginner. Participants will learn technical stitches, design composition and execution of their own Arpillera design. A great opportunity to join us and start your amazing journey of creating scenes from Peru or your own locale with cloth and threads with the concept of using pieces of unwanted garments, recycled and upcycled textiles. After completion students can apply the same techniques to their own small or large projects. All levels welcomed. Finished piece is no bigger than A4; bring anything extra you would like to add to your own picture to make it your own design. Bring your sewing box, a notebook and pencil.
Bella Lane is from Iquitos Peru, Master Peruvian embroiderer, trained at the Royal School of Needlework and a world embroidery stitch collector. We are very honoured to have Bella as a guest teacher at Fabrications!
On completion of the class participants will confidently be able to:
- Understand how to create step by step landscapes of fabric scenarios, using unwanted, recycled or new fabrics
- Learn as much as possible the basic and more advanced appliqué embroidery techniques
- Have the opportunity to stitch something very special with little resources, as do many Arpilleras makers working in Peru and beyond
- Participants can apply the same technique for their own projects
- Students will have picked up some 'insider' tips and tricks from a master craft person
TIME: 10 - 1pm
PRICE: £40 / £35 Concessions or £65 / £60 + Eventbrite booking fee if booking the FULL DAY (AM - Arpilleras of Peru. Lunch break. PM - Stitch by hand an 'Andean Rose')
MATERIALS: Bella will be preparing a special embroidery kits for £12 containing instruction sheet & good quality embroidery needles, threads, fabrics (payable to Bella on the day) and there will be embroidery hoops available to use (which can be purchased in the shop after the class) but you are welcome to bring your own supplies if you already have them!
For booking Terms & Conditions
For more information on Fabrications, please visit our Website