This course is for anyone who has to handle difficult, sensitive or highly-charged conversations at work as part of their role. It is particularly suitable for managers or staff working with the public in a pressurised environment, but could be useful for staff working in a wide variety of roles.
Purpose of Event
This course gives learners proven techniques for managing these conversations with confidence, Learners will be guided through ways to get the message across using the most appropriate style and tone.
The course will cover:
- Clear plans for dealing with common difficult conversations
- A range of tools and techniques that will give you confidence in any situation
- Insight into the psychology of difficult conversations, and how it applies to your interactions
- Ways to 'de-escalate' situations from an emotionally charged or conflicting state
- Knowledge of how to overcome defensive feelings and aggression
- A balanced approach that will allow you to deliver difficult messages with confidence
This course is run over a half day. The course will begin at approximately 09:30 and last until 12:30. Refreshment breaks will be provided throughout the course.
This course can be held at one of our fit-for-purpose training suite in Central Cardiff, or can be run at a venue of your choice.
There are no entry qualifications to attend this course.