Learn step by step how to handstand with Bristol handstands.
What to expect in a Handstand Session with Gabby:
* Correct technique and alignment
* Specific strength, control and endurance exercises for handbalance
* Basic shapes, levers, lifts and presses
* Elbow stands, headstands and contortion / figure handstands
* 1 arm progressions and exercises
* All round performance flexibility training including static, dynamic, active, ballistic etc
* Detailed partner stretching including PIR and PNF techniques
* Injury prevention
* Strength, core and endurance exercises to balance out your stretching
National Circus School Paris (ENACR) graduate, globe-trotting hand to hand specialist Gabrielle Parker balances her time on her hands between international performance, teaching at the acclaimed Circomedia Circus University and eating lots of sweetcorn. An acro flyer, sports therapist, professional handstand coach and teacher (of teachers) Gabby is also the Founder of Bristol Handstands.
Check out the link to see more
This workshop will take place in the squash courts at horfield leisure centre on October 15th , it will run between 11am - 12:30pm.
All levels of fitness and ability are welcome
By purchasing a ticket I agree to inform the instructor of any changes to my health (including pregnancy). I confirm that I wish to participate in the workshop which may include aerobic, resistance, bodyweight and other exercises involving stretching. I realise that my participation in these activities carries the risk of injury or death. I understand that I am responsible for ensuring that I do not exercise beyond my own abilities, and except full responsibilites for my actions.