Sewing Workshop Overview
Learn some simple techniques, tips and tricks on how to repair and alter your clothes, making them lead a longer life and give you more enjoyment and comfort! (No sewing experience needed)
Have a look through your clothes and bring along items in need of repair or perhaps a creative makeover! Usually 1 - 3 garments will get completed but feel free to bring along more items to get advice on to complete at home. The tutor will also bring along a collection of pre -repaired, altered or upcycled garments for inspiration and also fabrics to practice on.
Learn key skills such as:
- Simple alterations: how to lift or lengthen a hem or change a waistline
- Sew on missing buttons and make buttonholes
- Replace a broken zip
- Quick fixes: repair a tear or re-thread cords/elasticated areas
- Mend and darn holes discreetly or in a show off fashion!
- How to use a sewing machine
- How to darn woollens, patch holes / high wear and tear areas!