San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
It's that time of year again and the team at Hatching Dragons Barbican would like to invite you to join us for some seasonal festivities at our lovely little nursery, located just north of the Barbican in Central London. This event is primarily for the registered parents of our nursery but we thought we'd extend the invite to a couple of lucky families who've come to see us to see if any of you would like to come and see us again to get a better feel of the activities that we'll be doing with your chidlren and a better sense of the community you'll hopefully be joining.
Rolling order for the day:
1. Mince pie making - getting the children's "hands dirty" with the mixing and making of the mince and the rolling of our pastry, ready for the oven (which our practitioners will manage!). A foody activity to get them better aware of the food stuffs involved and the tradition of the mince pie
2. Mulled wine making - yes, it will be non-alcoholic mulled wine but we will be exploring smells, spices and flavours in an experiment of infusion for the children to help develop olfactory senses and knowledge of food, fruits and spices.
3. Christmas presents to be wrapped - learning the art of paper folding. Not that we're origami experts (although we are looking), but we thought it a nice idea for the children to learn how to fold and wrap presents...helps with learning angles and the such! Don't worry we will have some pre-wrapped gifts for the children as a surprise!
4. Father Christmas present giving - yes that's right, Father Christmas aims to be in the nursery to give out those pre-wrapped pressies to our children.
5. Carols - we thought it might be nice to end the morning with a little song of festive cheer. We'll be printing off the music and words to "We Wish You a Merry Christmas" for one of our Grade 8 piano players to accompany us in a send off for the year. And of course all followed by nice warm mince pies and a glass of (non-alcoholic) mulled wine.
Please do bear in mind that we have a rather full nursery so guests are asked to restrict the use of buggies if at all possible as we cannot guarantee a space in our buggy park. A sling might be a nice way of keeping you and baby cosy in the chill of the morning.
Guests are also reminded that full contact details and a form of I.D will be strictly required and checked upon arrival for the purposes of safeguarding. No cameras or phones are allowed on site but we will endeavour to issue all guests with photos of the event taken by our staff with our nursery cameras.
All questions and enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org and or call to ask for Cheyenne on 020 7256 9365
Thanks for your time and...
"We wish you a merry christmas, we wish you a merry christmas, we wish you a merry christmas and a happy new year...."
When & Where
Hatching Dragons is the UK's first fully bilingual Mandarin-English day nursery model that aims to foster fluency in both languages by reception age. Now open just around the corner from the Barbican we are hosting a number of open day events so you can come and see our beautiful nursery and meet the team - please click on your preffered visiting time to see a full selection of dates