Actions and Detail Panel
Tue, 11 Oct 2016, 09:30 – Wed, 12 Oct 2016, 17:30 BST
What will you learn on Hatch:Programmatic?
- Introduction: Icebreaker, common assumptions and myths around programmatic.
- Key Principles & Fundamentals: analysis of different programmatic buying techniques (automated, unreserved fixed rate, invitation only auctions, open auctions/RTB), ecosystem/components (trading desks, SSPs, DSPs, networks, ex-changes, DMPs, etc), some of the companies involved.
- Benefits & Challenges: Debate of some of the key issues, including transparency, efficiency, control, insight and attribution.
- Big Data: The role of the DMP, definition of 1st, 2nd and 3rd party data, the importance of customer profiles, examination of different data sets and how to leverage them.
- Strategies & Tactics: Analysis of the purchase funnel and which programmatic strategies fit where. How to use data, deals and categories to formulate different approaches, e.g. contextual, PMP, lookalikes. Cross device and ad blocking considerations.
- Viewability & Fraud: Issues around these and content verification, the effect on your campaigns and how the industry is tackling them.
- Creative: Looking at different creative strategies, including dynamic optimisation based on different data inputs (e.g. 1/2/3rd party, weather, date/time). Creative workshop based on different advertiser scenarios.
- Campaign Setup: Different campaign goals (CR vs brand, CPA vs ROI), pre-campaign planning, how to set up tracking and why it’s important, creative formats and tags, platform hierarchy and different campaign segments.
- Platform Demo: A demonstration of the interface and capabilities of an example market-leading ad platform.
- Optimisation: Setup errors and troubleshooting, discussion of scale vs performance and the importance of gaining enough data before making decisions, optimisation techniques including pacing and site-level. In-depth data analysis/ optimisation workshop.