Actions and Detail Panel
'Have Your Say' Research Staff Forum
Fri 21 April 2017, 10:00 – 12:30 BST
In response to the Staff Survey and the Careers in Research Online Survey (CROS), there will be an opportunity for Research Staff to ‘Have their Say’ on issues that concern them and to pro-actively engage in their own personal and career development. Participants will discuss themes relevant to research staff in small groups and to put questions/suggestions to Professor Tim Newman the Vice-Principal for Research, Knowledge Exchange and Wider Impact.
Themes for discussion will be decided on the day by participants but may cover topics such as:
- Institutional recognition and value of research staff
- Improving awareness and support of alternative career paths out with academia
- Research Staff Associations
- Supporting public engagement
- What are the barriers for research staff to participate in training?
- Supporting research integrity
Outcomes from the event will be raised at the University’s Career Development for Research Staff Steering Group.