The course will cover all aspects of the regulations governing hazardous waste, including its management, authorised recovery or disposal, transport and classification.
The latest updates in relation to the management of hazardous wastes will also be presented, including the new duty of care code of practice, updates to chemical classification regulations and the classification of ecotoxic substances.
Topics will include:
- The legislative background to hazardous waste management, including the controlled waste duty of care
- How hazardous waste classification is decided in terms of European Waste Codes, the rules and hierarchy for choosing an EWC Code
- The classification of hazardous wastes using WM3
- Using an example 5 step procedure for classifying hazardous wastes
- Hazardous waste coding, thresholds and the hierarchy of chemical hazard data sources
- How to complete a hazardous waste consignment note
- When is a hazardous waste also dangerous goods?
- Consignment note procedures; consignee returns, what to do if things go wrong - consignment note rejections.
No prior experience is necessary.
Hard copies of WM3 will be provided for all attendees along with electronic copies of all reference materials and links to data sources.
A buffet lunch and refreshments will be provided.
Course cost: £150.00 (+VAT) per person.
If you prefer to pay via invoice rather than PayPal, please click 'show other payment options'.
Following payment, full course joining instructions will be provided.