Actions and Detail Panel
Health and Wellbeing : NIHR i4i Programme Event
Tue 1 November 2016, 12:00 – 16:00 GMT
Health and Wellbeing : NIHR Invention for Innovation (i4i) Programme Event
Hosted by Professor Karen Bloor, Research Theme Champion for Health and Wellbeing
Researchers from any discipline are welcome and no prior funding from or knowledge of NIHR is required.
About the i4i programme
I4i is a translational funding scheme that supports preclinical and clinical development of innovative medical technologies. I4i aims to ‘de-risk’ early stage projects with strong potential for commercialisation and use in the NHS and make them attractive to follow-on funders/investors.
About the event
This is an opportunity to hear from the Director of the i4i programme, Martin Hunt, exactly what makes a strong and fundable bid. Advisers from the Research Design Service Yorkshire and the Humber will also be available to give informal advice.
Who is the event for?
Researchers and health professionals who want to find out more about the programme and about the support available to research teams who want to develop and submit an NIHR i4i research funding application.
What will the event cover?
- An overview of the i4i programme
- Practicalities of applying
- What the funding panel look for in applications
- Examples of successful and current i4i research
- Researcher experience of applying for i4i
- Role of the NIHR Research Design Service (RDS) in supporting i4i applicants
- Public involvement in research
- Role of the RDS in supporting other NIHR and national peer reviewed funding streams
A full programme will be available nearer the time.