An introductor workshop to health literacy.
“...the wide range of skills and competencies that people develop to seek out, comprehend, evaluate and use health information and concepts to make informed choices, reduce health risks, and increase quality of life.”(A scoping study for the Scottish Government)
“the personal characteristics and social resources needed for individuals and communities to access, understand, appraise and use information and services to make decisions about health.” (World Health Organisation, 2015)
As a result of attending this event, you will:
- Have an increased awareness and understanding of health literacy and why it is important
- Be aware examples of health literacy projects in action
- Have time to think about what health literacy means for you, your organisation and the people you work with
- Have time for discussions with an expert in health literacy
- Know where to go for more information and publicly available material relating to health literacy
- Help shape the next steps for health literacy in Halton.
Note: there will be refreshments but no lunch provided.
Please bring your own lunch or you can use the café at Runcorn Town Hall. They provide sandwiches, baked potatoes, salads and a fresh ‘soup of the day.’