HALF PRICE ONLY £30.00pp
The benefits of a healthy and varied diet are indisputable. This qualification has been designed to provide a good, basic understanding of nutrition.
Who needs this qualification?
All employees in catering environments involved in the selection of menus, recipes and ingredients. It is also relevant for those in the health care and education sectors.
Why is this training important?
The Government is committed to reducing death and ill health caused by diet-related disease. More than ever caterers need to understand the link between diet and health.
- Good basic understanding of nutrition principles and terminology
- Understand the requirements of a balanced diet and its positive effect on health
- Identify differing needs, allergies and food intolerances
- Appreciate that different groups of people require different diets to suit their lifestyle
- Knowledge of the requirements of the current legislation
- Understand the impact of food processing and manufacturing on the nutritional content of foods
- Appreciate the importance of accurate nutritional information being available on food products
This course is brought to you by Hull CVS and SOVA
When & Where
Hull Community and Voluntary Services (Hull CVS)
A registered charity, Hull CVS has been supporting the sustainable development of voluntary and community groups and promoting volunteering in Hull since 1981.
Our work is guided by the values of promoting justice, equality and improving quality of life.
Whether you are a small community-led group or a large one with paid members of staff Hull CVS is here to help you.