Healthwatch training - Making consultation meaningful
Making consultation meaningful (previously Better stakeholder dialogues) - 30 CPD credits
Right up to date, this is a one-day high-intensity eye-opener for consultation professionals working in the public sector or with public policy. Mostly focused on solving known problems of consultations which fail to live up to their potential, with a tried and tested group exercise built to help participants focus on the choice of consultation methods for different scenario
Who is it for?
Ideal for consultation professionals working in the public sector or with public policy.
How much does it cost?
It will cost £85+VAT for VCS organisations and £120+VAT for public sector organisations.
- Identify and understand stakeholders and matching dialogues to them
- Learn the value of Stakeholder Mapping
- Focus on solving known problems that occur in consultations
- Put theory into practice Key Learning Points
- Why consultation is such an important part of public affairs today and is here to stay
- What a best practice consultation looks like
- How to deal with consultation risks and avoid the elephant traps
- The importance of stakeholder mapping
- The art of selecting the right dialogue methods for your consultation
- The importance of standards
Welcome, Introduction and Roundtable
What makes a consultation meaningful?
- Three Consultation curses!
- Types of consultation
- Trouble with Timescales
- Anatomy of a traditional consultation
- Looking at stakeholders
- Six tests for identification
- Interest/Influence mapping
- Stakeholder mapping Group Exercise
Meaningful dialogue selection
- A Buyers Guide to techniques (including e-consultation)
- Dialogue Method Group Exercise
- Output & Outcome
- A Cautionary tale
Lunch will be provided.
When & Where
4 August- Broadacre House, Newcastle, NE1 6HQ
25 August- Dolphin Centre, Darlington, DL1 5RP
Healthwatch Newcastle is the independent consumer champion for social care and health services in Newcastle upon Tyne.