Actions and Detail Panel
Healthy Cooking on a Budget - Train the Trainer
Tue, 4 Apr 2017, 09:30 – Wed, 5 Apr 2017, 16:30 BST
The Cooking on a Budget training course will provide you with the skills and knowledge to deliver safe and healthy Cooking on a Budget Sessions to your service users. You will be provided with a Let’s Get Cooking resource folder that includes recipes and activity ideas. You will also receive continued support from the Healthy Lifestyles Team to deliver your cooking sessions.
By the end of the training you will be able to;
- Demonstrate safe knife skills
- Recognise food hygiene measures required during cooking sessions
- Understand the importance of having a healthy balanced diet
- Cook a variety of healthy, nutritious recipes on a budget
- Utilise a variety of cooking resources and recipes to share with your service users
If awarded a place, you will be required to attend two full days training on Tuesday 4th April – Wednesday 5th April 2017, 9.30am – 4pm at Jubilee Church, 62 King Edward St, Hull, HU1 3SQ.
The training is suitable for those that are able to deliver a minimum of two courses, consisting of four 2 hour sessions, each year. You will be provided with evaluation tools at the training, to enable you to evaluate each cooking course you deliver.
For more information or application form please contact the Healthy Lifestyles Team firstname.lastname@example.org