Actions and Detail Panel
HELLAVA WORKSHOP - Introduction to Sewing
Sat 22 April 2017, 10:00 – 13:00 BST
Introduction To Sewing, With HELLAVAGIRL - LEVEL 1
This workshop is PERFECT if you've never used a sewing machine and are ready to become an "independent" show stopping fashionista, who customises their clothes... helps their friends look extra fabulous or would like to upcycle, or create your own unique home interior or clothing. This introduction will teach you how to use a sewing machine, learning different sewing techniques and understanding basic sewing patterns. You can choose to use one of our machines or , you’re very welcome to bring your own if you’d like to learn to use it. Come along, be part of a lovely small group with plenty of individual attention from the tutor, learn to sew, chat and make friends. The tea and biscuits are on us!
What you will learn :-
- How to thread a machine and wind a bobbin
- How to cut and pin fabric using a simple pattern
- How to sew straight seams and finish them
- How to correctly take measurements
What you need to bring -
- Nothing! Material will be provided for you at no extra cost. (If you have material you would like to use, please email us prior to class to see if it is suitable for the garment you will be making and time provided.)
We will complete the class with a square cushion cover to create a "hellava" statement in your home or as a gift.
IMPORTANT NOTE *
Please arrive 5 minutes early to ensure prompt start and to make the most of your class. Please bring a packed lunch for all day courses. We will provide drinks and biscuits!
Private Q&A with Hellavagirl, Helen Woollams at the end! Get your questions ready