Actions and Detail Panel
Help Boost Your Career With IEEE - University of Sheffield
Fri 10 February 2017, 13:00 – 14:30 GMT
Help Boost Your Career with IEEE
Reserve your place today!
This FREE talk will cover the role that the IEEE and IEEE Xplore play in an engineer's education and career. It will highlight specific resources available to you whilst at the University of Sheffield to stay technically current and discuss the benefits of membership with the IEEE and Student Branch activities. It will also discuss:
- Effective networking techniques
- Career fair tips
- Job search tools available from the IEEE
- Tips to make your CV more appealing to prospective employers
- Ideas to help you stand out from the crowd when applying for jobs
- IEEE Collabratec - a social networking tool for engineers
- IEEE Scholarships, awards and competitions
- The benefits of authoring with IEEE
- Library tools, resources and expert knowledge
It will include practical examples and case studies from students, researchers and engineers. There will also be prizes and giveaways!
The speaker, Paul Henriques - Client Services Manager at IEEE, will be visiting the UK from the USA to provide this talk. In addition, you will be able to learn more about the University of Sheffield's IEEE Student Branch and its activities.
Who should attend:
- Undergrad students, postgrad students and researchers
- Those studying/doing research in all aspects of engineering, computing and medical areas
- IEEE Student Branch members at the University
- Academic staff keen to learn more to support their students
- All others who would find this talk of interest - All welcome!
- Date: Friday, 10th February 2017
- Time: 13:00 - 14:30
- Location: G.05 (Workroom 2), Ground Floor, The Diamond, University of Sheffield.
- Host organiser: IEEE Student Branch at University of Sheffield
- Host organiser's email: email@example.com
Reserve your place by registering for a ticket above. A confirmation of your reservation will be emailed to you.
Please feel free to share details of this event with friends and colleagues who you think may also be interested in attending.
If you have any queries or would like any further detail, please don't hesitate to contact the organisers or myself on 07725 394 885 or via email at Julia@contentonline.co.uk.
We look forward to seeing you there!
Content Online Ltd - UK representative for IEEE.
About the IEEE
IEEE is the world's largest professional association dedicated to advancing technological innovation and excellence for the benefit of humanity. IEEE and its members inspire a global community through IEEE's highly cited publications, conferences, technology standards, and professional and educational activities.
About Paul Henriques, IEEE
Paul is the IEEE Client Services Manager for Europe and Africa. Paul works closely with universities to provide training for the IEEE Xplore Digital Library, IEEE publishing sessions for new and early career researchers as well as Prior art (patent) searching with IEEE Xplore sessions. In additional, Paul provides support to organisations with IEEE subscriptions to help raise awareness of IEEE at their locations as well as increase usage. Paul previously worked as a patent searcher for the United States Patent & Trademark Office (USPTO) where he focused on prior art searching for patent examiners.
View Paul's LinkedIn profile