Actions and Detail Panel
Help I’m a Subject Leader for History – what shall I do? 1 Day
Tue 27 June 2017, 09:30 – 16:00 BST
A one day course
Venue: Holiday Inn, Ellesmere Port
Course Leader: Chris Trevor, Primary Education Consultant.
Audience: New or established subject leaders of History
Course outline: will be updated soon
We will cover the following, over the two part course:
- Methods to review the current state of History in your school against the latest Ofsted criteria and national developments and advice. You will be given time to complete an audit of the teaching and learning in the subject.
- Awareness of how to be an effective leader and manager of History and how to create an evidence base.
- Practical strategies which a subject leader can use to effectively promote the subject and make the teaching of History outstanding and engaging.
- How to ensure coverage and enhance planning/delivery of the statutory requirements of the History in the National Curriculum.
- Generic suggestions to explore local history, including ideas for learning outside the classroom.
- Shared suggestions for assessing knowledge and skills with suggestions and activities for assessment with progression and challenge for all.
- Ideas on developing Spoken English, Extended writing across the curriculum and cross-curricular Maths linked to History.
- There will be opportunities to share good practice . Please bring along your subject leader file (if you have one) or relevant tracking or policy/ curriculum coverage documents to the first part of the course.
- You will leave with lots of ideas, resources and materials to support your colleagues and drive your subject forward.
Date and Time
Holiday Inn Ellesmere Port/ Cheshire Oaks
Lower Mersey Street