Following a recent survey of CIPD members based in Herefordshire, we are pleased to invite you to this event.
• ACAS; hot topics and future developments from our guest speaker, David Whiting, Senior ACAS Regional Adviser West Midlands.
• Perspectives on employment challenges in rural locations and impact of flexible working on recruitment and retention; sharing experiences and good practice with others
• Feedback from the survey of CIPD members and options for future events
• Update from the branch and national activities
• Networking with CIPD colleagues and branch members
Our speaker, David Whiting began his working life in the Manpower Services Commission in the late 1970s. During this time he worked as an internal trainer, training Jobcentre staff in people skills; receiving and providing training which was well advanced and still relevant to today.
Prior to joining ACAS he was Jobcentre Manager at Handsworth in Birmingham; a role which involved meeting employers and individuals from a very broad based community and with very diverse needs.
For the last 10 years David has operated across a broad spectrum of Acas services; conciliating in collective disputes, undertaking diagnostic work with a view to building more positive working relations in order to preventing potential disputes, advising on employment policies and procedures.
He also operates as a trainer, providing both workplace training and open access events. He delivers the Acas accredited mediation course and undertakes workplace mediations. He has not, as yet, mastered how to transfer those skills to deal with his two teenage children!
Many thanks to Ann-Marie, the HR Lead at the Hospice for inviting CIPD Hereford & Worcester to avail ourselves of the Hospice facilities for this event.
The Hospice is located in a village called Bartestree, which is on the Hereford to Ledbury road (A438). There is a bus (476) which runs from Hereford to Ledbury.
As you are approaching the Hospice you will see a notice at the entrance – take the left hand turn into the Education Car Park – where you will find the entrance to the Education Facility.