Actions and Detail Panel
HETAS H005DE - Biomass Installer Direct Entry
Mon, 13 Feb 2017, 09:00 – Fri, 17 Feb 2017, 17:00 GMT
HETAS H005DE - Biomass Installer
Designed for Heating and Plumbing Engineers wishing to install biomass appliances, who have not completed the H003 Dry Appliance Installer course and the H004 Wet Appliance Installer course (The H003 Dry Appliance Installer and H004 Wet Appliance Installer courses are required to be able to install wet and dry appliances. The H006 System Chimney course is required to install flues for biomass appliances).
- Building regulations and European & British standards;
- Types of biomass appliances;
- Appropriate fuels and correct storage;
- System design—correct sizing and technical overview;
- Links to hot water systems and;
- Costing analysis.
- Hold a valid G3 Certificate and formal qualification: City and Guilds 6129 and 6089, or QCF 6189 (or other equivalent award) or;
- Evidence of OFTEC 101 or 102 or;
- Evidence of Gas Safe Registration: CCN1 and CEN1 or:
- Evidence of equivalent work experience on wet heating systems.
Duration Five Days
Assessment Multiple choice theory exam and practical assessment
Successful delegates will receive a HETAS certificate of competence needed to apply for renewal on the ‘Competent Persons Registration Scheme for the Installation of Biomass Systems’. This course is mapped to NOS and therefore complies to MCS (Microgeneration Certification Scheme) requirements.