Actions and Detail Panel
High flying Maidstone - economic prospects panel
Thu 11 May 2017, 18:00 – 20:30 BST
Maidstone is the County Town of Kent. It is home to over 164 thousand people and the town centre alone has 900 businesses. It has a larger retail footprint than Bluewater and has seen significant growth in its leisure offer.
Significant regeneration investment is improving Maidstone’s transport connections making it a commuter hotspot in Kent. Fast rail links to London Victoria and Ashford International makes Maidstone East one of Kent’s busiest railway stations.
Maidstone’s Local Development Plan indicates that this growth is set to continue significantly between now and 2031.
A panel of experts will present their views on the UK’s general economic outlook post Brexit as well as on Maidstone’s emerging growth and infrastructure. The audience will be invited to comment and pose questions.
- Simon Alsop, Head of Business, ICAEW
- Dawn Hudd, Head of Commercial and Economic Development, Maidstone Borough Council
- Andy Davy, General Manager, The Mall Maidstone
- Ali El Hajj, Managing Director, AMH Family Enterprise Ltd
- William Napier-Fenning, Founder, Kent Finance Limited
Afterwards take the opportunity to network over refreshments.