San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Go Higher with Truro & Penwith College!
Advice, support and training to help you to fulfil your ambitions and develop your career
HIGHER LEVEL SKILLS DAY
Location: Fal Building, Truro Campus, TR1 3XX
This FREE session will be delivered on Wednesday 30th November, from 9:30 - 16:30, with refreshments and a buffet lunch provided.
Our Higher Level Skills Days are designed for people who are considering a University level short course or a higher level professional qualification at Level 3 or above.
Throughout the sessions you will pick up useful tips and techniques to boost your confidence and knowledge whilst gaining a better understanding of the Higher Level Skills pathways available.
The sessions will include topics covering: -
- How to tackle the assignments on your course
- Presentation skills
- Writing using plain English
- How to find the right information for your subject – online and in print
- Using e-books, e-journals and Moodle
- Lateral and creative thinking
- Stress management
- NLP – Understanding how we communicate and think
‘A really useful course offering practical tips on routes for FE and HE courses.’
This Higher Level Skills session is fully funded by the European Social Fund (ESF) as part of the ESF Widening Participation through Skills Project.