Actions and Detail Panel
Hints, Encouragement and Liaison for Parents!
Sat 5 November 2016, 10:00 – 13:00 GMT
Sales Have Ended
Sales Have Ended
Come and find out about learning difficulties and ways to support your child. Join us for a six session course for parents, led by professional staff from the Helen Arkell Centre.
This course is invaluable to help you develop your understanding of the many advantages and challenges which learners face both at home and at school. We look forward to meeting you and to providing you with strategies, tips and ideas on the following:
- Introduction to Specific Learning Difficulties (SpLDs), focusing on dyslexia
- Having the conversation.....and self-esteem
- Learning preferences
- Study skills
- Reading accuracy and comprehension - ideas and strategies
- Spelling - ideas and strategies
- Numeracy - ideas and strategies
- Helping with homework and talking to schools
Each session is priced individually at £20.00 or you can book the full course of six sessions for £100.00.
Tea and coffee will be provided and there will be an opportunity to browse and purchase relevant books and resources to help support and teach individuals with specific learning difficulties such as dyslexia. This is what parents say about our courses:
Brilliant! Fun and entertaining! You just want to go back each week!"
"Interesting, informative, friendly, supportive and engaging! And I've made lots of new friends!"
"Thank you! We now feel that we have a fuller understanding of dyslexia and access to lots of useful tools and strategies. We can support our child now! Fantastic!"
We look forward to seeing you.
What time do the doors open?
Doors open at 9.30am for a 10.00am start.
Do I have to bring my printed ticket to the event?
Yes, you will need to bring your printed ticket with you as proof of payment.
Is my registration/ticket transferrable?
What is the refund policy?
The following terms apply to all registrations:
- No fee will be refunded if we receive less than one month's notice of cancellation.
- 50% of the cost will be refunded for cancellation made more than one month before the course date.
- Please note that course fees are non transferable.
What are my transport/parking options getting to the event?
There are a number of public car parks in the town to choose from, the nearest of which is on Franklynn Road, Haywards Heath.
Where can I contact the organiser with any questions?
Please contact Julie Hall on firstname.lastname@example.org or Tel: 01252 792400