The Historic Religious Building Alliance's BIG UPDATE is your chance to keep up to date with what's happening to secure the future of historic religious buildings, and to chat to others with similar interests and concerns.
The only event of its kind, it’s friendly, lively, and informal, combining short talks with time for questions and discussion.
A one day event starting at 10.00am at St Albans Conference Centre and finishing at 4.15pm.
This year’s topics will be as wide ranging as ever and we will release details of the programme in the very near future.
- A new pilot maintenance initiative for places of worship across Yorkshire - Michael Murray, NCT
- An update on Some Contemporary Challenges being faced by the Roman Catholic Church - Sophie Andreae, Vice Chairman Patrimony Committee, Chairman Patrimony Sub-Committee
- The SPAB History at Your Feet project - floors: threats to and preservation of – Emma Lawrence, Head of Casework SPAB
- An update on the Cathedral and Church Buildings Sustainability Review
- A system for automatically opening and locking church doors - Rachel Morley, Regional Estate Officer, CCT
- A digital heritage information product that can be used to offer information to visitors via their smartphones and tablets - Neil Rathbone, Director, Webnebulus
- Approaches to supporting community-led design in historic places of worship - Katerina Alexiou,
- Empowering Design Practices project – the Open University, Empowering Design Project
- St Anne’s Church, Highgate, London and Power Up North London – putting solar panels up on the church roof and raising the money through selling community shares
Any queries please contact Becky Payne, Development Officer, HRBA by email: HRB@theheritagealliance.org.uk
If you wish to pay by cheque please make it payable to The Heritage Alliance and send to Becky Payne, HRBA, The Heritage Alliance, Clutha House, 10 Storeys Gate, Westminster, London, SW1P 3AY
How to find the venue
Venue: St Albans Conference Centre is at Leigh Place, Baldwins Gardens, Holborn, London EC1N 7AB
Underground: it is a very short walk from Chancery Lane tube station and can be reached on foot from Holborn, Farringdon and Kings Cross and St Pancras stations.
Buses: The following buses all pass within a short distance 8, 22B, 25, 45, 46, 17, 171A and 243.
By Car: There is no car parking available at the venue (except for those requiring disabled by access, by prior arrangement). NCP sites are at Shoe Lane, Saffron Hill and Snow Hill
More information about the venue at www.stalbanscentre.org.uk
Save This Event
When & Where
Historic Religious Building Alliance
The Historic Religious Buildings Alliance was set up in 2008. We bring together those working for a secure future for historic religious buildings.
We are an independently-funded group within the The Heritage Alliance (established in 2002 as Heritage Link). This is the biggest alliance of heritage interests in the UK and was set up to promote the central role of the non-Government movement in the heritage sector.
For more information, please visit our website at http://www.hrballiance.org.uk