The course is designed for any worker who works with young people aged 13 and above – for example, secondary school teachers, youth and play workers, engagement workers, school nurses, members of YOT, youth inclusion workers and housing support workers.
This course will enable practitioners working with young people to gain in-depth knowledge about HIV, testing and treatment and enable workers to communicate more effectively with young people about HIV, the risks, testing and treatments.
- To examine the prevalence of HIV in the UK
- To examine what HIV is, fact and fiction, routes of transmission and reducing risk
- Awareness of the most current HIV treatment and future directions
- Explore how to talk to young people about HIV testing
- Living with HIV; misconceptions, stigma and discrimination
- Interactive activities and resources to raise awareness among young people
Terrence Higgins Trust- Carrie Ford
Please book using the button next to the date you wish to attend above.
Places on the course are usually awarded on a first come first serve basis. However, if the course is oversubscribed, we will limit the number of people applying from the same organisation. Once you have booked your place you will be sent a confirmation email through Eventbrite. Should we need to change the event details or your booking as a result of being oversubscribed we will contact you at the earliest convenience.
These courses are free but if you cannot attend you must let us know 5 working days before the course or you will be charged £60 for full-day courses and £30 for half-day courses. Please email email@example.com if you cannot attend.