Actions and Detail Panel
Homelessness and Housing Needs - CMD Day
Wed 26 April 2017, 10:00 – 16:00 BST
This Continuing Ministerial Development day is an opportunity for clergy, LLMs and interested lay people to spend time considering the current context of homelessness and housing needs.
- Kathy Mohan, Director of Housing Justice,
- Jayne Woodley, Chief Executive of Oxfordshire Community Foundation,
- The Ven. Guy Elsmore, Archdeacon of Buckingham
- Revd Mary Gurr, Chaplain for the Homeless
The aim is to explore how we might understand and respond, both practically and pastorally, to the specific needs in our communities. The day will offer:
- Time to share and reflect on homelessness and housing needs in your own parish.
- Theological tools for reflecting on housing, home and homelessness.
- Insights into the current context of homelessness and the best ways to respond.
- Help in understanding how to respond to rough sleeping in churchyards and personal safety.
- Information on housing needs and the ways churches can be involved in responding, practically and pastorally.