Actions and Detail Panel
‘Hot off the Press’ Develop and Edition a Collagraph Plate
Fri, 10 Nov 2017, 10:00 – Sun, 12 Nov 2017, 17:00 GMT
Tutor: Laney Birkhead
Dates: 3 Day Workshop - 10th, 11th and 12th November
Price: £140 + booking fee (Includes materials and a delicious homemade lunch)
Suitable for adult improvers.
Treat yourself to a longer printmaking workshop and learn how to create a small print edition from a favourite image.
Create collagraph images from a range of unusual materials, on wooden and metal plates, which you will carve and layer before sealing.
Develop your inking and printing skills by focusing more time on printing one plate over and over, and homing your editioning skills. By learning about registration methods.
Please bring the following to your print workshop:
- Old shirt/apron and indoor shoes suitable to print in therefore not slippers, sandals or open toed shoes
- Small box of favourite basic drawing materials e.g. pen, pencil, rubber, scissors etc
- Small sketchbook / notebook in which to make notes and observations
- Minimum of 6 images (sketches / photos) you wish to work from. These can be your own primary images or secondary research images, as you are coming to do an intaglio course try to choose images with lots of texture and contrast in rather than just line
- A small bag of flat found textures – e.g. papers, pressed leaves and petals feathers, fabrics embossed card etc,
- A camera with which to record your creative journey (optional)
- A3 folder or wallet to take your prints home in.