San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
How attractive are you?
Panel discussion from top tech companies on building an engaging employer brand whilst ensuring your messaging is gender neutral and attracts a diverse engineering team.
Ruth Penfold, Director of Talent Acquisition @Shazam
Neil Munro, Senior Recruiter @Amazon
Katie-Mai Kong, Talent Partner @GoCardless & GeekGirl Organiser
Katie-Mai is a Talent Partner at GoCardless, with experience growing teams and HR operations in startups. She also helps organise GeekGirl Meetup – a group of women who aim to highlight female role models in the tech industry and create new ways for relationship building, mentoring and sharing of ideas.
Caylee Farndon-Taylor, Mobile Product Designer @Pariti and GeekGirl organiser
Caylee is Product Designer for Pariti - an early stage Fintech startup that is trying to help people get rid of high interest debt. She began her obsession with tech whilst working at the online language learning startup Busuu, and has been helping to organise the Geek Girl Meetup group since 2015. This has involved running events, highlighting the work of other geeky girls and building up the female tech community in London.
Dan Bhugon, Data Scientist @Aire Labs
Areas the panel will be exploring (amongst others):
- How do you effectively scale your team through high periods of growth post investment through utilising your employer brand?
- How can you hire more women into your tech team and why is it important?
- What happens when you have bad online company reviews?
- How can you maximise your social media to generate higher quality applications?
- How can you transform from having to headhunt to getting your perfect development team applying to you?
- How do you compete with the Google’s of the world as a bootstrapped, largely unknown start-up?
- What considerations should you consider when choosing your tech stack in regards to the talent that it will help or hinder you hiring?
- How do you get the balance right of quality vs quantity through fast periods of growth?
- Advertising software engineering jobs – do they still work?
This event is aimed at CTOs/CEOs of tech start-ups/SMEs looking at scaling their technology teams as well as heads of HR/recruitment functions directly involved in the process.
4.30-5.30pm – Workshop with the Pioneers* Recruiting for cultural fit (to be booked in advance)
5.30pm – Registration and networking
6-7pm – Panel discussion
7-8.30pm – Networking with beers and pizza (sponsors TBC)
*The Pioneers - We help our clients find new ways of working that make their people happier, more engaged and more fulfilled. We specialise in working with businesses who want to manage their front line teams in a way that gives them a competitive advantage. What makes us different is we understand how businesses work, how people work and how to effect change. And this means we get results: more engaged employees, better customer experiences and improved business performance.
Save This Event
When & Where
talent.io are a selective talent platform allowing companies to connect with the top 10% of software engineers from across Europe in a completely transparent way.