Actions and Detail Panel
How can businesses harness the power of VR and AR?
Thu 8 June 2017, 08:00 – 10:00 BST
Virtual reality has been 30 years in the making but advances in computing power mean its time has finally come.
With a million customers, the PlayStation VR is now outselling the Oculus Rift and HTC Vive while Samsung’s Gear and Google’s Cardboard have taken the technology mobile.
Augmented reality is also growing via mobile devices and wearables: Pokemon GO was the third most downloaded iOS app in 2016.
These technologies are making great strides in areas as diverse as entertainment, tourism, sports and business as content creators deliver experiences which meet a variety of needs.
How can businesses harness the power of VR and AR to drive growth? Is the new technology affordable for companies and can they afford not to have it? How are overseas companies using the tech?
These questions and more will be discussed as BusinessCloud brings together an array of entrepreneurs and industry experts to find out where VR and AR are headed.
- Mylo Kaye, co-founder and CEO, Dreamr
- Sean Murphy, owner, Evidential
- Ben Smith, CEO, Laduma
- Garry Haywood, co-founder and managing director, Kinicho
- David Levine, CEO, DigitalBridge
- Dr Timothy Jung, director, MMU AR VR Hub
- Dom Raban, managing director, Corporation Pop
- Ben Haworth, creative director, Flipbook Studio
- Peter Woodbridge, senior lecturer filmmaking, MMU
- Annie O’Toole, senior project manager and growth hacker, SwapBots
- Dr. Maria Stukoff, Director of Maker Space, Salford University