How effectively do you lead your subject?
This course will enable participants to explore key aspects of the role of subject leadership as well as looking at key skills required to be effective in the role. They will gain a wider understanding of how inspectors evaluate leadership and what subject surveys involve. Participants will also consider how to ensure their monitoring and evaluation activities are effective and leading to improvement.
- To Uunderstand the importance of subject leadership within the revised framework;
- To explore the role of subject leadership;
- To understanding the role of subject leaders in improving pupil achievement, teaching, curriculum and assessment;
- To use the National Standards for Subject Leaders to audit current skills sets and identify future targets;
- To develop an understanding of evaluating performance data;
- To reflect on key skills when evaluating quality of teaching through observation;
- To understand the link between effective monitoring and evaluation.
Suitable for Head Teachers, senior leaders, middle leaders, department leaders, phase leaders, teachers
Monday 5th December 2016
L.E.A.D. Academy Trust, 5a The Ropewalk, Nottingham NG1 5DU
Course Leader –Paul Longdon
Free for L.E.A.D. TSA members
£175 for non-TSA members (£125 additional place)