Actions and Detail Panel
How Good is Our Youth Work?
Wed 15 February 2017, 18:30 – 20:30 GMT
The course will introduce participants to the purposes of youth work and key youth work documents. It is also an opportunity to discuss current self evaluation frameworks in relation to youth work. The focus will be on improving what we do by evaluating our youth work and identifying areas for improvement or action. The session will be interactive using challenge questions to prompt small group discussion.
Who is the Course Aimed at?
- anyone who works with children and young people in a paid or voluntary capacity especially in a youth work setting.
- anyone who is interested in finding out more about self evaluation for youth work and what this means in practice.
By the end of the session participants will:
- have a clearer understanding of the purposes of youth work
- know more about self evaluation and be more confident in how to go about this
- understand the importance of different methods of evidence gathering/ methods of reviewing to use in youth work settings