Actions and Detail Panel
How the Assembly Works
Tue 25 April 2017, 09:15 – 12:30 BST
This is a free education programme that will provide you with a brief overview of the Assembly, how it works and how you can engage more effectively with it. The training is focused on improving your ability to engage with the Assembly.
The training covers the following topics:
- The work of the Assembly vs. work of the Executive
- The legislative process
- Assembly business, including Plenary and Assembly questions
- Committees, how they plan their work and the best way to communicate with them
- Information sources in the Northern Ireland Assembly
The training is aimed at:
- Those who wish to increase their understanding of how the Assembly works
- Those who want to promote greater understanding of the work of their organisation through more effective communication with the Assembly and its MLAs
The programme finishes with a tour of Parliament Buildings.