A half day course covering the structure and commercial environment of the biopharmaceutical industry including key aspects of the drug development process. This is a good opportunity for non-scientists to build overarching knowledge of this sector.
The course is delivered by OBN in conjunction with Dr Edward Zanders of PharmaGuide Ltd, Cambridge, UK, a company specialising in technical training for non-scientists.
* Overview of drug discovery and development in the biopharmaceutical industry
* The drug discovery pipeline from target discovery to the marketing of the product
* Commercial aspects of drug development
* The pharmaceuticals marketplace, financial and regulatory issues
* Organisation of the industry
* Large pharma to small biotechs, contract research organisations, academia
* Cultural issues
* The different needs of chemists, biologists, clinicians, development scientists, etc
When & Where
OBN is the not-for-profit Membership organisation supporting and bringing together the UK’s innovative life sciences companies, corporate partners and investors. Our 400-plus Member companies are located across the Golden Triangle and beyond to Nottingham, Manchester and Scotland benefiting from our networking, partnering, purchasing, training, advising and advocacy activities.