Find out about the new EU funding opportunities available for medical research charities and get expert advice on how to access them.
About this event
From February 2014, charities, academics and industry researchers will be able to apply for funding from Horizon 2020, the new EU-wide science funding programme for the next seven years. In this workshop, we will explore the different funding streams available to UK charities and their researchers. Attendees will find out how and why those streams have been developed and hear from the experts about how to access them.
- Gain understanding of the development, structure and purpose of Horizon2020 and its funding streams
- Explore how charities can interact with Horizon 2020 and access funding
- Learn how to write a winning application.
Who's it for?
Experienced/senior research managers, grants and trust fundraisers.
|10.00am||Registration and coffee|
|10.30am||Welcome||Becky Purvis, head of policy, AMRC|
|10.35am||Horizon 2020: development and structure of the EU research funding programme||Christina Miller, director, UK Research Office|
|12.05pm||Opportunities for health research in Horizon 2020 and how to use the National Contact Points||Alex Harris, MRC; Octavio Pernas, Technology Strategy Board|
|1.30pm||Experiences in accessing EU funding||Oliver Timmins, communications manager, AKU Society; Clare Walton, Research Communication Manager, Alzheimer’s Society;Dr Catherine Cunningham, Finance Manager, Cancer Research UK|
|3.35pm||Feedback from roundtable discussions and panel discussion|
|4.00pm||Close of meeting|
- You can request a refund though your Eventbrite account.
- Credit cannot be transferred between events, you may cancel and book on a different event.
- If you cancel more that 10 working days before the event, we will issue a full refund.
- If you cancel less than 10 working days before the event, we will issue a partial refund and charge you £40.
- Please note, if the order was placed more than six months ago, your card details will no longer be stored with Eventbrite. AMRC can issue an offline refund, which will incur an admin fee of £40.
When & Where
Association of Medical Research Charities (AMRC)
AMRC is the national membership organisation of leading medical and health research charities.