How to be an effective trustee
What are the key questions trustees should be asking? How can prospective trustees find a charity that fits their skills and interests—and once in post, how can charities get the most out of them?
At this event for trustees, we will explore the essentials of trusteeship and charity effectiveness. Timed to coincide with the launch of NPC’s updated guide for charities and funders, we will look at the key elements of effective charities and the crucial role trustees play in supporting this.
This event will tell you what the guidance and codes don’t—about what being an effective trustee entails, how to find the right match, and how to build on and develop your skills—and provide an opportunity to share tips with others. Focusing not only on the legal duties but also the practical aspects of trusteeship, this event will tell the full story about being a trustee in today’s charity sector, and what charities themselves can do to support effective trusteeship.
It will answer questions such as:
- What is it really like being a charity trustee?
- How can trustees find a charity that is a good match, and vice versa?
- What are the key questions that trustees should be asking?
- How can charities support trustees to be more effective?
- How can trustees ensure they continue to learn and develop in the role?