San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
This workshop is aimed at Managers, Senior Managers, Leaders and Human Resource Managers from any type of organisation where improving performance matters.
It will show how managers can quickly boost their effectiveness and effectiveness of their teams.
The workshop will introduce participants to four practical management processes that are the hallmark of highly effective managers. These four processes will ensure that:
- Communication and employee engagement is significantly improved
- A sense of urgency is developed
- Underperformers are managed effectively
- High performers are recognised and retained
- Every team member is coached, every week, to improve performance
- Every team member is regularly given new tasks and assignments to help them and the business to develop
- Business strategies, plans and values are put into practice
- Will understand how mastery of 4 key management practices will unlock the key to being an exceptional manager.
“All of our managers have done NVQs in operational management – but still shied away from managing poor performers. Now they have the tools they need to manage this group effectively”
“That was an inspiring session”
“I would have liked longer”
Fiercely practical management training to make you stand out from the managerial crowd
This workshop can stand alone, but also serves as an introduction to a series of workshops designed ot give managers a comprehensive and systematic approach to managing people and getting the very best out of them that will be run throughout the winter in Leeds.
This workshop is part of a series on How to Be A Better Manager:
15th October - How To Be An Outstanding Manager
17th December - Giving and Getting Great Feedback that drives performance
21st January - Developing potential - Manager as Performance Coach
18th February - Effective Delegation - Getting More Done Well
18th March - Time and Priority Management
Each workshop can stand alone - but taken together they provide a comprehensive system for management that produces great results.
When & Where
Mike Chitty - NHSLA
For over 30 years I have helped people, organisations and communities to make progress. I have worked as a teacher, manager and leader in the public, private and third sector. I am Head of Delveiry at the NHS Leadership Academy in Leeds.