How to be headhunted in a LinkedIn world
Thursday, 28 June 2012 from 18:30 to 19:45
This event is now over. Follow this link for information about the recording and resource pack.
In this webinar John Purkiss, partner at Veni Partners (responsible for board-level recruitment) and author of How to Be Headhunted: The Insider's Guide to Making Executive Search Work for You explains how headhunters source, select and evaluate candidates, and how social media like LinkedIn are changing executive search.
Students and alumni from partner schools are entitled to a 50% discount.
Many senior roles especially in public companies are filled by executive search rather than open advertising. Similarly certain industries (particularly financial services but also consumer goods, healthcare, technology, manufacturing and not-for-profit) rely heavily on headhunters for recruitment.
Anyone targeting these sectors or senior management level in a listed company needs to understand how headhunters work and what candidates can do to increase their chances of being approached, shortlisted and eventually hired.
Many excellent candidates misunderstand the role of headhunters or do not appreciate how best to get on their radar.
As well as walking you through the search and hiring process we will examine how social media - and in particular LinkedIn - are changing executive search.
The webinar will cover:
- How headhunters work and what their business model means for candidates
- How they create shortlists and where they look for candidates
- How headhunters read CVs and online profiles and what they are hoping to find in them
- How they evaluate candidates before, during and after face-to-face meetings
- What they like and dislike
- How headhunters check whether you are telling the truth
- How you can get yourself eliminated from a shortlist, or moved to the top
- How headhunters now use social media (esp Linkedin)
- How to make your CV and online profile “headhunter friendly”
All participants will receive:
- Access to the webinar including live Q and A
- Opportunity for a review of your online profile
- Video recording for download after the event
- Audio podcast (for Iphone /Android/ MP3 player)
- Access to bonus materials including:
- Presentation slides
- Executive summary
- Resource pack
This webinar has been created in partnership with:
- INSEAD alumni careers services
- London Business School Alumni Career Services
- Henley Business School Career Development Service
- Imperial College Business School Alumi Relations
- IE Business School
Alumni from these schools qualify for a 50% discount.
This webinar is offered on a refund-on-demand basis (if you don't like if for any reason we refund your ticket). To request a refund please email firstname.lastname@example.org either before or after the webinar.
John Purkiss is a headhunter and co-author of How to be Headhunted and Brand You. He studied economics at Cambridge University and has an MBA from INSEAD, where he was awarded the Henry Ford II Prize. He began his career in banking and management consultancy, and was a partner with Heidrick & Struggles. John is now Head of Leadership Practice at Veni Partners, recruiting CEOs, finance directors, chair(wo)men and non-executive directors. John has lived and worked in France, Belgium and the USA and speaks French, German and Spanish.