I've spent 9 years building my experience of Drupal and will share my tips and tricks with you. This full day training workshop is a bargain at only £45 and will teach you to make the most out of Drupal.
Drupal is one of the most popular and powerful content management systems on the planet, understanding how to use it will give you the freedom to build websites with ease, make better decisions and speak more easily with Drupal and developers. Vital skills for anyone involved in a web project in any way.
This is not an advanced technical workshop with content on custom modules or themes.
- Introduction to content management systems and how Drupal compares with them
- When to and not to use Drupal?
- Case studies of websites using Drupal
- How to install Drupal on different environments
- Inside Drupal
- A journey through the Drupal admin interface
- Creating and editing content
- Working with menus (main nav, user, admin, footer etc)
- The difference between entities, bundles and content types
- Blocks - when is best to create them, use them for layout
- Understanding and configuring with users, roles and permissions
- Using taxonomies to categorise content
- Getting a working site set up (including an overview of cloud hosting)
- Using contributed modules/themes/distributions
- Getting community-based support, Drupal.org and Drupal Association
The event venue is to be confirmed dependent on group size, but likely to be around Holborn / Piccadilly Circus in central London.