Actions and Detail Panel
How to build inspiring & effective Legacy Campaigns -Sydney Workshop
Thu 11 May 2017, 09:30 – 16:30 AEST
A one day inspirational, practical and innovative approach to creating legacy campaigns that change behaviour and deliver results
The Legacy Leaders Campaign Workshop will help you ….
1. Find and address the key personal needs and emotional and practical barriers that stop people engaging in legacies
2. Explore the barriers to delivering a great legacy programme
3. Understand the basics of legacies, and great Leadership Driven Fundraising
4. Find and deliver clarity around your organisations purpose and legacy proposition
5. Create an assessment of your current situation and challenges and find a plan to move forward
6. Deliver the tools to have a legacy conversation with anyone
7. Build a legacy strategy and campaign for you, your team and your organisation
8. Understand the various channels in legacies and how they can work together and what mix to choose
9. Build a legacy friendly culture
10. Introduce a system to build confidence by measuring performance, activity and future value
The workshop will help you build a measurable legacy campaign that uses 6 building blocks to help you create campaigns that show results
1. Build your purpose looks at revisiting your core mission, finding your personal and organisations purpose, defining your goals and finding the legacy proposition around which you can reach out
2. Define your approach looks at the priorities you need to focus on, introduces the style and approach of a conversation led legacy approach, revisits barriers and the basics, looks at motivations and distils the approach that drives legacy fundraising
3. Create your culture looks at how to build the right environment for legacies to thrive, how to use national campaigns to inspire and engage, how to create legacy leadership from the board down
4. Inspire your people sets out how to build passion, inspiration and connection with stories from supporters, staff and beneficiaries and how to find, collect and share
5. Engage and measure defines the key outcomes that drive results, what to measure and how to define future value from todays activity
6. Nurture and convert is the final building block that shows how to build relationships, nurture and deepen support to deliver legacy gifts now and in the future
This 6 step model was shaped through 30 years of fundraising experience, creating and delivering transforming strategy at UK and Global charities and working in national behaviour change campaigns to make legacy giving a social norm. 6 steps distills a method that inspires, engages and starts a conversation and builds a strategy and campaigns that shows impact now and in the future.
The agenda for the day
How to work together and support each other through the day and after
Taking a look at where you are now - your key challenges
Step back - the key challenges and insights that drive legacies, and your organisational challenges
Introducing the 6 steps
Finding purpose in your organisation and legacy proposition
How to measure and build a pipeline
How to create a campaign
How to nurture and steward long term support
Creating your action plan
The full day, Facebook group, and follow up webinar are available for a limited number of participants only and it will be first come, first served. SPECIAL OFFER! Tickets are per charity and you can bring up to 2 people per charity for the price of one ticket!!
Tea and coffee are available at the event, but lunch is not included. There are numerous places for lunch around and in the venue.
The follow up
All participants will finish the day with a plan to refresh or change their programme over the next 2 months. Participants will work together in groups so they can support each other. A private Facebook group will be created to share progress and share tips. A webinar will be held with all participants 2 months after the workshop
What people have said about Legacy Leaders
‘Sometimes a speaker helps a little seed of an idea or concept that has been looking for a way to spring up come to life. I felt this yesterday and am now excited to bring some new ideas to fruition’
‘One of the best training days which was both informative and challenging’
‘A new way of looking at bequests - this was my first foray into the field, and it was hugely informative and useful’
‘Thank you - I really enjoyed this session - Stephen George was a breath of fresh air - his enthusiasm and sense of humour were great’
A personal message from Stephen
“Last September, across Australia, I met Legacy Fundraisers and Fundraising Heads and Directors, who shared a real passion for legacies. In the sessions I took, I set out an approach that focused on conversations and behaviour change, using examples from campaigns around the world.
This May, I wanted to give an opportunity for charities and fundraisers to go deeper, focus on creating and delivering specific campaigns in a very practical workshop using tools and techniques I have learnt, developed and found through my travels and experience. I wanted to give some space to help coach great fundraisers to truly find and focus on their legacy aspiration and to help face down some of the challenges they face.
I hope you can join me and colleagues from other organisations to be able to build inspiring legacy campaigns that will cut through.
Please join me for this rare and unique experience together in Melbourne and Sydney”
What are my transport/parking options for getting to and from the event?
The venue is central and there are parking options available as well as public transport
What can I bring into the event?
Just yourself, a notepad and a pen and an open mind! The event ticket is per charity and you can bring a colleague with you fro free
How can I contact the organiser with any questions?
You can contact me directly on email@example.com
What's the refund policy?
Full refunds are avalible one week before the event, after which no refunds will be given