Do you chair meetings in the voluntary and community sector or in fact anywhere? Come along and learn how to manage meetings in order to ensure they are more effective, even enjoyable.
What level is this course?
Level 1 – Has no experience in this field
Level 2 – Has some experience in this field but would like more
Who should attend?
Trustees (Management Committee members), particularly newly appointed Chairs, Vice Chairs, Secretaries or Deputy Secretaries of voluntary and community groups or anyone who has to chair a meeting.
What will participants learn?
- Managing meetings – overview of types of meeting
- Roles – within a meeting
- Chairing – skills & qualities of a chair
- Chairing or Facilitating – differences and when to do it
- Preparation for the meeting
- What makes a bad meeting?
- Setting the agenda (working with the secretary)
- Rules for meetings
- Managing difficult meetings
- Opening and closing the meeting
What else do you need to know?
Tea, coffee and water
David Saunders, Group Development Officer
0115 934 8400