Actions and Detail Panel
How to create a Mindful Classroom: An Introduction to MindUP™
MindUP™ is an evidence-based, SEL framework that shifts perspective, driving positive behaviour, improved focus for learning and academic performance as well as better relationships with self and others. These are the qualities our children need in order to build success for a lifetime.
MindUP™ is grounded in Neuroscience, activated by Mindful Awareness, inspired by Positive Psychology and a catalyst for Social and Emotional Learning.
Attendance at this one day MindUP™ Workshop will enable you as an individual practitioner to introduce and implement MindUP™ practices in your own classroom, including delivering a sequence of MindUP™ lessons and establishing a mindful learning environment, grounded in neuroscience and positive psychology.
- MindUP™ has 15 lessons that are brought to life by a teacher in a classroom
- MindUP™ provides an immersive discovery experience along with daily practices
- MindUP™ helps develop a positive classroom ethos, increasing empathy, optimism and compassion.
During this unique training day, participants will:
- Experience an interactive professional development workshop grounded in theory and practice
- Discover the core practices, tools and techniques of MindUP™ and how to embedded these into daily teaching & school life.
- Learn how to help children recognise and manage their emotions, develop compassion, make responsible decisions and maintain positive relationships in school, at home and throughout life.
- Receive a MindUP™ tool kit, including a teaching guide and chime.
Please bring your own lunch as the course is non-catered. Refreshments will be available mid-morning and mid-afternoon.
Terms and Conditions: Attendance at this workshop does not permit you to provide MindUP™ training to schools or organisations. The Hawn Foundation, remains the owner of the intellectual property presented during the workshop and the accompanying materials. You may not modify, adapt, copy, reproduce, re-publish, translate, make available, disseminate or distribute in anyway any of the materials provided during the workshop. No workshop materials, nor any part thereof may be reproduced, stored or transmitted in any form or by any means without the prior written permission of The Hawn Foundation.
Cost per participant: £98.00
For questions or more information please contact: Emily Phillips, MindUP™ Programme Manager,
Tel (0)20 8004 1305