Learn how to make your blog pay from the people behind Eat Like a Girl, Shit London and Tired of London
This lively seminar will teach you how to make your blog stand out from the crowd. Led by some of the UK’s most successful bloggers, it covers everything from how to create engaging content to how to make money from your blog. Over the course of the day, you’ll learn how to build a bigger and more loyal audience, as well as how to use social media to ensure your site gets the attention it deserves. Crucially, you’ll also learn the practicalities of dealing with sponsors, marketers and publishers, and receive advice on becoming a professional blogger.
- Patrick Dalton, founder of the Shit London blog, on how to turn your idea into a blog and attract readers
- Eat Like a Girl founder and blogger Niamh Shields on how to make your blog pay, without compromising on content
This course is for you if...
- You’re a blogger who wants to make your content more professional, expand your audience and/or make money from your site
- You’re a journalism student looking for insights into the blogging industry
- You’re an aspiring journalist who wants to create a high-quality online portfolio that also attracts revenue
- You’re a blogger who wants to turn your blog into a book
- You’re a writer who wants to move into blogging as a sideline or new career
Niamh Shields is a food and travel blogger, and author. Her blog, Eat Like a Girl, is known as one of the best in the business. Niamh won the Observer Food Monthly Award for Best Food Blog in 2011, and is currently working on her second book. She tweets @eatlikeagirl.
Patrick Dalton is a London-based photographer and author, who founded the Shit London blog in 2010. Since its launch, the blog has generated three spin off books about London and two international editions covering New York and Australia. In 2013 the British Library archived the blog as part of the 100 websites: Capturing the digital universe project, which lists sites deemed essential reading for future generations.
Tom Jones is the author of Tired of London, Tired of Life: One Thing A Day To Do In London and Mad Dogs & Englishmen: A Year of Things to See and Do in England. He writes about London daily on his blog tiredoflondontiredoflife.com