How to Crowdfund a Product Business with Kickstarter
Wednesday, 24 September 2014 from 19:00 to 21:00 (BST)
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
This evening workshop is for aspiring and current entrepreneurs who want to use crowd-funding to launch or grow their product business.
If you're running a product business, or planning to launch one, you'll probably be forced to raise funding at some point. You might have heard about crowd-funding, and specifically of Kickstarter which is an online platform to help you tap into the power of your fan base.
This class will cut through the hype to help you understand how you can best use Kickstarter and how to put together an effective campaign.
We'll look at best practices, pitfalls to avoid, and questions to ask yourself as you design your campaign.
Without knowing the specific ingredients of the best Kickstarter campaigns, it's difficult to know whether or not you're setting yourself up for success. By being aware of the patterns that the most effective campaigns follow, you'll be better able to navigate your startup’s fundraising journey.
We'll go through:
- Advice and guidance on using Kickstarter;
- The components that prospective fans look for in a campaign;
- High-level overview of Kickstarter campaign aspects you should consider.
Come to this event if:
- You are keen to build a career on your own terms and you are looking for targeted start-up guidance.
- You are already starting or keen to start a business and you want to gain an overview of what fundraising entails.
- You are currently employed at a big company and you want information about the start-up route.
- You are looking to expand your skillset and keep up to date with entrepreneurial business techniques.
About the Speaker
Jordan Schlipf (@jordups), Partner, Founder Centric
Jordan is a tech and consumer product entrepreneur. He has founded 4 companies, is a Springboard Mobile alumn and has raised funding from angels & VC. He has worked in tech transfer, created a children’s pushchair, launched a female cosmetic, and was a CEO Confidant Apprentice with Xinfu. Jordan has also been an early stage tech investor and EIR at #1seed.
Presently, Jordan is a Partner at Founder Centric, where he designs and teaches top-tier startup education, and an Entrepreneur-In-Residence at University College London.
Jordan began his career in corporate finance, advising on some of Europe’s largest M&A deals and holds an MEng from Oxford University. He has pitched to the dragons on BBC's Dragon's Den!
When & Where
Escape the City - The Escape School
Escape the City is a global community of +250,000 talented professionals who believe that life is too short to do work that doesn't matter.
We help talented professionals escape unfulfilling jobs and transition into more fulfilling work, build careers on their own terms, and start businesses that matter.
Join our Tribe at www.escapethecity.org.